An ongoing project to record and preserve the history of Kingstonian FC

1925-1926 SEASON

This is a (long term) temporary page in order to provide stats and reports for the 1925-1926 season. There are links to a single Surrey Comet report (as a JPG picture) for each game via the match by match stats below. Eventually it is hoped to provide a full season summary and multiple reports for each game with any other news items of interest but this will be some way into the future.

The Kingstonian team that won the Athenian League for the Second Time.
Back (L-R): Tom Vinson (Secretary), Jimmy Ross, Ernie Rassell, Len Harman, George Rassell, H. Duffell (Trainer)
Middle (L-R): Bert Lockwood, Sam Craddock, W.B. Treisman, Billy Knight (Trainer)
Front (L-R): Billy Soper, Reg Stimson, Bert Mann, Frank Macey, Vic Barnes.

First Team:
Match by match details (linking to reports)
Player totals- Appearances, scorers etc.
Combined excel spreadsheet- match by match and player totals.
Athenian League Table
Athenian League Results Grid- results and dates for all Athenian matches.
Brief summary of the season:

More improvements were made to the ground with an additional stand holding 300 people, bought from the Old Surbiton Horse Society, to add to the current seating. With Leyland Motors moving out to a ground further down Richmond Road, K's were able to announce a new groundshare agreement with The Casuals who were to remain as tenants until just after the 2nd World War and a joint season ticket was made available.

There were a number of changes made to the team with Micky Mills retiring and keeper Brian Scanlan moving to Dulwich. He was replaced by Len Harman who had been an original first team choice but had been out for 2 seasons due to injury. The major signing however was Bert Mann from Wimbledon who scored 33 goals in 35 appearances.

While K's were knocked out of the F.A. Cup and Amateur Cup at early stages, both by Redhill, and were also beaten 2-0 in their home game by the same club, they got revenge on Redhill by winning the Athenian League 6 points ahead of them. This was in part due to an end of season 1-0 win at Redhill that virtually confirmed their league title. Further revenge came when they lifted the Surrey Senior Cup for the first time as Kingstonian, having previously been won twice by Old Kingstonians, when they beat Redhill 2-1 in the final at Wimbledon in front of 7,500 fans. It was a slightly fortunate win as they had been trailing 1-0 with 15 minutes to go when Redhill had a player injured.

They had also reached the final of the London Senior Cup but this match had to be carried forward to the following season due to fixture congestion. In another final of less significance they were beaten 2-1 by Wimbledon, at Wimbledon, in the Surrey Charity Shield with a midweek attendance of only 1,500 showing a lack of interest from both sets of supporters.

K's also embarked on a short tour of Germany after the end of the season when they played matches against Eintracht Frankfurt and Wiesbaden. This was their first overseas tour since World War One with a crowd of 11,000 for the Frankfurt game being the largest attendance they had played in front of to date.

The reserves also had a successful season winning the Surrey Intermediate League and on one occasion they offered up 7 of their players to the first team when fixture congestion meant the first team had to play 3 days running. That team was successful in beating Woking 5-1 in the Surrey Charity Shield Semi Final, being the middle game of those three matches.

The 3rd team had a less successful time, in part due to promotion of players to the reserves, but still finished mid table in the Kingston & District League.

Details of the Reserves will be added at a later date.


Back to history
Back to front page.